Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rexburg Farmer's Market

Every Friday here in Rexburg there is a farmers market! It's from 4-8PM every Friday afternoon South of the Tabernacle. A bunch of small business owners sell their goods there and tons of people go. Granted, it's the smallest farmers market I've ever seen, but it's fun to check out.

There were only a few people that were actually selling vegetables, what I usually pictures at farmers markets. Actually, the veggies looked a little overpriced, but people have to make a living somehow.

Here are actually my top three pics for reasons why people would go there. Keep in mind that there are a lot of other things that are really interesting there and worth taking a look.


Some college students sold corn on the cob that was coated in something. It wasn't my thing, but according to how many females that were walking around eating the corn stuff, it seems like they get a lot of their sales from flirting with the ladies. Despite that, my friend said that they were really good and worth mentioning.


This was just really interesting to me because I have a little baby girl and I love putting bows in her hair. Katrina Tibbitts makes hair bands, clips, and pony tail bands. Here's her website: http://www.katrinashairdoodles.com/ She doesn't have very many things up compared to what she had at the market. She said you can also e-mail her at katrinaclogirl@hotmail.com and she can special make any type of hair-doodle that you want!


This guy, I think, was the most talented out of everyone there. I thought that he bought them somewhere overseas and sold them here because all of his merchandise looked perfect. He made everything himself. He is moving soon and will no longer be selling, so it's time to go there and get something from him.

Check out the farmers market. If you don't want to spend money, just don't bring any money. It's just fun to see everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment