Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bridge Jumping

I've been really excited to post activities on here about things to do in Rexburg. So far, nobody knows about this blog anyway, so it's just for my information. I really want to write about a ton of things that we have already done, but we are going to do a few of them again this summer, so I have to wait until we do them. However, this is one activity I don't think I'll do again.

Before I even started school here, I came up to visit a friend and she took me bridge jumping. It was fun; I liked it, but once was enough for me. I don't really like getting wet, dirty water, swimming against a current, and getting a wedge-E when I hit the water. However, I'm glad I did it at least once.

Before I reveal the locations, just a heads up that several people have died from swimming around these places. Just don't be dumb about it. Go when the weather is good and make sure you know how to swim.

I'm sure you really want to go now.

The first place is just some bridge in St Anthony. All I remember is that if you stay on HWY 33, you turn left on a street somewhere and you're there. Considering I don't really remember where this place is, here is another place that students go to:

Monkey Rock. Here's a blog that talks about monkey rock. They give tips on what to bring and safety tips. I'll just copy and paste their directions though:

Monkey Rock is a quick drive from Rexburg, taking about 15 minutes. Follow these directions:
Take Hwy 20 going North
Turn right on 300 North
Turn right on 300 North
Drive over the railroad tracks and continue on 300 North
The road will bank to the left
Turn right at the "T" in the road
Follow the road a little ways and Monkey Rock will be on the right

It's free!

2 comments:

  1. Myrna has asked me to "go jump off a bridge" but I think I will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need me to tell you about Twin Bridges or Fun Farm (The really big one). I've got video and just plain pics from both of those places. Good times.

    ReplyDelete