Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ice Caves

Going to the Ice Caves was one of the coolest things that I have ever done. If you live in or around Rexburg, you have to go!

I went when I was 3 months pregnant. I wasn't sticking out, so it was fine, but the ride there wasn't fun. I get really car sick and morning sickness didn't help. To get to the cave, you have to go in an off-roading vehicle or large truck. There is no way a car can get through, but hiking to the cave is very do-able. It's only 3 miles in.

Directions:
Head North on 2nd East.
Drive about 30 miles and turn right at the 2nd cattle crossing. (I don't know what it's called. It's the thing in the middle of the road so cattle don't cross it)
It's not a real road, but you can park right there and walk in 3 miles. That's your best bet if you get really car sick or you don't have a Jeep.

Here's a couple of pictures, but it doesn't do it justice.




Dress warmly and in waterproof clothes. You will get wet and there are parts where you lay down, slide on your back, and kick your feet on the ceiling. I wouldn't take any kids under 4. Other than that, pack a lunch and make it a whole day activity!

1 comment:

  1. That looks hecka freaky. Did you really go in there and slide on your back?

    ReplyDelete