Monday, March 25, 2013

Hell's Half Acre-Unpaved

Honestly, this looks boring, but it is a lot of fun because I feel like a kid again jumping over crevasses and climbing around on rocks.  It's actually a family favorite because it is just a fast trip that we can do, but still have plenty of time to get other things done during the day.

To get there, just keep going down HWY 20 about 20ish minutes past Idaho falls to Mile Marker 287.  Turn left and go down a dirt road.  If you have a small car like I do, don't go after it rains or even worse, if it is still raining!  That's just stupid.  Your car will most likely get stuck.  But if you have a couple people in the car to push it out, that it won't be a problem.



Since this is a lava trail, there isn't a trail on the ground to follow.  It is marked with blue sticks, for the small circle, or the red sticks for the log trek out to the middle of nowhere.  I have only done the blue trail which is 1/2 mile with my kids.  I think the red trail is 8 miles, but I could be wrong.  Too lazy to look it up too.  You can do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment