Monday, March 25, 2013

Craters of the Moon

Craters of the Moon is a National Park located a little over 2 hours from Rexburg.  I could give you directions or you could just google maps it.

You can do almost everything as a day trip or you can camp there.  There is a crater that is an 8 mile hike out that my husband did.  You can camp out there!  Also, for those of you who aren't really into hiking, you should still go because there are plenty of easy walks that you can do.  This small hill is probably the most rigorous that it gets.


Here is the beginning of the 1.4 mile trail.  It's not paved the whole way, but the terrain changes several times.
And if you are a member of a band, it is the perfect place to take your band photos.




My favorite part about this place is the Indian Tunnel and the caves.  I don't think i would take my baby and toddler into the caves, but it is good for kids with assistance from an adult.



Craters of the Moon also offers star gazing beginning (obviously) when it is dark outside.  I haven't done it yet, but it is on my to-do list for this year.  I would update you on it when I do it, but let's face it, I'm pretty horrible at blogging in the first place, so updating isn't really on the schedule.

Check out the website for all you can do there.  Do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment